Systems Engineer/DevOps # JN -062021-65800
Title: Systems Engineer/DevOps
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contract: 14 months (with possible extension)
- Configure infrastructure and deploy and operate applications within both on-prem and AWS in both Windows and Linux.
- Automate current and new processes.
- Engineer on a team building software and infrastructure to handle large and complex websites and backend office applications.
- Supports engineering role from web server and library configuration through to CI/CD pipelines for code deployment.
- Will gain a deep technical and quantitative understanding of the system, software, and security architectures to provide innovative and scalable solutions
Information Security Requirements:
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
Additional Techincal Requirements:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS Certification a plus, but not required)
- Linux system administration (Windows administration a plus, but not required)
- Git, Stash, Bitbucket
- Scripting languages, Bash and Python preferred
- Infrastructure as code with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment with tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI
- Containers/container orchestration with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Application Performance and IT Infrastructure Monitoring, logging and alerting with tools such as MS SCOM, Splunk, New Relic, AWS CloudWatch.
- Collaboration tools such as Slack, WebEx teams.
- Database administration support for MySQL/MariaDB, PostGreSQL, or MongoDB.
- Strong knowledge of Networks, Load Balancing, Firewall Rules, Certificates to work with Network Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Agile tools such as Jira, ServiceNow or Redmine.
- Effective communication within a multidisciplinary team and an ability to work well with others