Veterinary /Laboratory Animal Technician
Redwood City, California
Posted on: June 21, 2021
Industry: Scientists / Research / Lab Technician
Job Number: JN -062021-65869
- The Veterinary Sciences (VS) department located in Redwood City, CA is seeking a Veterinary Sciences Technician to join a dynamic, fast-paced team. The successful candidate will experience a culture that believes in making the animal care and use program a model for the industry.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Individual will have basic knowledge of the species housed on site, rodent breeding and basic technical skills (dosing, blood collections, etc.).
- Individual will have demonstrated ability to understand and follow SOPs and to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Individual will have demonstrated ability to follow directions, communicate effectively, and work well in a team environment.
- Individual will have demonstrated the physical stamina and dexterity needed to handle laboratory animals, including species that may be difficult to work with, and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Be proficient in using email, basic Microsoft office applications and department assigned mobile computer devices.
- Experience – Responsibility and minimum number of years:
- Individual must have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in laboratory animal science.
Apply Online Apply Later