Job Title: Assistant Site Safety and Health Specialist
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
Duration: 5 months
- The Assistant Site Safety & Health Specialist will assist the site project management team to deliver Safety & Health programs at the respective field location. This position assists with the interpretation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy, and incident-free work site in a heavy construction environment.
- Assist with providing Safety & Health program support on field construction projects to verify operations are executed as planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with applicable Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Assist with work stoppage incidents when circumstances could lead to an immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Resolve safety and health concerns and document the details and personnel involved for the project management team.
- Assist the corporate and project Safety & Health teams in a collaborative manner to verify that the project safety program is being implemented and required safety compliance is documented.
- Assist various work teams with pre-planning safety and health hazard assessments to ensure compliance with project policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and documenting unique Safety & Health issues during the execution of the work at the project, and assist with implementing corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures for resolution.
- Assist with project safety & health walk-through assessments with subcontractor safety personnel.
- Distribute and communicate safety information and materials.
- Assist with correspondence to heighten safety awareness, project safety and health goals.
- Assist with near miss, property damage, environmental incidents and accident investigation reports.
- Assist in the maintenance and submittal of all documentation as required by the Corporate Safety & Health Department.
- Drive to various project site locations.
All other duties as assigned Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Construction and General Industry Regulations, as well as; America National Standards Institution (ANSI), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Army Corps of Engineers (CoE), Engineers Manual 385-1 and National Electrical Code (NEC) Standards.
- Completion of OSHA 10 and/or 30 Hour Construction Outreach Safety Training Course.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work various schedules at the project site location.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- 40 hours a week with possibility of additional hours based upon project needs, work schedule based upon project needs, working on project site locations, with the possibility of changing locations frequently, heavy travel required.
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.