Job Title: Global Regulatory CMC Manager
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
- Participate in the development of the CMC regulatory strategy for small molecules. These submissions include health authority briefing packages, IND/CTA, NDA and MAA regulatory filings.
- Prepare and review CMC submission documents, registration dossiers, health authority briefing packages and responses to health authorities through collaborations with relevant line functions and with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for the global regulatory evaluation of CMC change controls with supervision.
- Responsible for the management of CMC activities related to developmental or commercial compounds, with supervision.
- Represent Regulatory CMC on cross-functional development/commercial teams and Regulatory Affairs teams.
- Participate in global regulatory interactions with health authorities, with supervision.
- Facilitate document review meetings and discussions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of regulatory environment, regulations, and procedures.
- BS/BA degree in Scientific Discipline (Master’s or higher preferred)
- 3-5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with 2+ years CMC regulatory experience
- Experience with CMC regulatory documents (IND/CTAs, NDAs, MAAs, responses, variations, and briefing documents)
- Knowledge of FDA, EMA and/or ICH guidelines and CMC regulations
- Experience in drug development processes and post-approval requirements
- Experience in developing CMC regulatory strategy
- Experience in project management
About SSi People:
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.