Job Title: Procurement/Sourcing Specialist
Location: Rosemead California
Duration: 8 months
- Associate degree in business administration, Finance, Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typically possesses zero to three years of experience in negotiating and purchasing.
- The successful candidate must have a basic knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply principles of financial analysis, activity-based costing, and supply chain methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are required.
- Independently commit the company by planning and authorizing purchase contracts, contract changes and other procurement instruments having signatory authority.
- Lead procurement team and managing the total procurement effort for assigned projects/programs, including directing such tasks as fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
- Lead on-site audits and supplier assessments as necessary to qualify, evaluate and develop suppliers.
- Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts and establish resolution with customers and suppliers.
- Manage procurement packages by gaining a thorough understanding of supplier-customer relationships; by developing a working knowledge of own organizations relationships with other TIMCO organizations; and, by developing and implementing and authorizing actions to incorporate with other functional disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of TIMCO, supplier and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures, and accepted business practices.
- Maintain contractual integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining, and incorporating appropriate State and Federal regulations, contract flow-down requirements, and other special terms and conditions peculiar to individual contract types.
- Develop other procurement team members by providing guidance on technical procurement issues.
- Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.
- Support Corporate goals for small business/small, disadvantaged business by promoting the use of qualified sources and by seeking, encouraging, and assisting new candidates to become qualified.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- You will support sourcing strategies for the energy infrastructure of tomorrow in the IT Projects area of Indirect Procurement.
- Use interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills to manage a variety of strategies for value creation, cost savings, continuous improvement, and risk mitigation.
- Develop sourcing strategies with a total spend of up to $2M dollars
- Lead/participate in competitive solicitations, supplier selection, achievement of applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), contract negotiations and development.
- Participate in and may direct the development, negotiation, and procurement of moderately complex purchase orders, change orders, requests for proposals, and contracts/agreements.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions and amendments to contracts/agreements as required.
- Ensure achievement of the best value to the organization by coordinating the bid process and making recommendations for contract awards of moderate value.
- Five years of experience in purchasing, contract management and/or negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge and decision-making experience of purchasing practices and policies, and knowledge of procurement contracts and standard terms and conditions.
- Experience with industry best practices, standards, utility regulations, procedures and compliance as they relate to purchasing.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, and analyzing information and making strategic decisions regarding scope, impact, policy, development, and implementation.
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.