Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Akron, OH, Columbus, OH, St Louis, MO
Duration: 12 Months
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including but not limited to siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout for linear projects.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems, and implement the project execution plan.
- Direct and coordinate activities of several disciplines on a project of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Own internal project financials (detailed, accurate project cost forecast and accruals), staffing/resource forecasts, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Manage all aspects of project communication.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with clients regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience. Completion of master’s degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must have experience with the production of applicable engineering design and construction documents.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Demonstrated success in project management which includes proposal development, contract negotiations, project planning, design team coordination & communication, budgeting, schedule management, and client coordination.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
About SSi People:
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.