Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Location: Vancouver, WA (Onsite)
- Perform civil design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: electrical substations, pipeline metering and regulating station, compressor stations and industrial facilities.
- Design civil and storm water components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used civil engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the civil engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project related data as required by the project managers. Compiles studies and reports. Writes specifications.
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power delivery, pipeline and industrial facilities.
- Performs field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 10 years of civil engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e. passing) PE preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D), and/or hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, civil analysis programs.
About SSi People:
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.