Job Title: Staff Commissioning Specialist
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Duration: 12 months
- The Staff Commissioning Specialist will be responsible for performing commissioning and retro-commissioning projects.
- These projects will encompass existing buildings and electro-mechanical systems and ensure that equipment and systems are functioning at the efficiency level for which they were designed to meet the operational needs of the owner.
- The Staff Commissioning Specialist will work with the project team throughout the commissioning process, adapting commissioning plans to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Develop commissioning, retro-commissioning, monitoring-based commissioning, energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects for complex buildings and systems in the mission critical, healthcare, laboratory, aviation, manufacturing, higher education, commercial building, water & wastewater, and on-site energy markets.
- Develop energy efficiency projects from initial identification and verification through installation and measurement.
- Responsible for monitoring processes of HVAC systems with building automation and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems and find inefficient control sequences.
- Manage on-site testing of HVAC, lighting, power, and control systems in new and existing buildings in conjunction with operations, maintenance, and contractor personnel.
- Develop on-site ASHRAE energy audits and condition assessments to identify energy efficiency and demand response measures.
- Manage energy and operational improvements for system function and efficiency.
- Ensure retro-commissioning assessments, detailed evaluations, measurement, and verification reports for existing facilities are completed accurately.
- Consult on concept designs and sequence of operations for energy efficiency projects.
- Prepare building energy use simulation for modelling alternatives to capture energy savings.
- Responsible for measurement and verification of installed projects.
- Provide detailed and accurate project records including data, documentation, and reports.
- Review operating modes, sequence of operations and specifics of equipment, operations, and maintenance.
- Manage commissioning of new retro-fits.
- Participate in sales pursuits and proposal development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering technology, Electrical Power & Controls, or a relevant field of study. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience with retro-commissioning, energy evaluation, complex HVAC, lighting, power, and control systems.
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting systems with different types of stand-alone monitoring equipment including flow meters, temperature loggers, electrical meters, and other types of equipment.
- Ability to quantify energy losses and determining cost.
- Proficient knowledge with DOE-2, eQUEST, Energy Pro, and other modeling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to comply with site safety procedures, including electrical safety.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential clients, including, but not limited to DOE, aerospace, military, food, and consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical, laboratories, and others necessary to sell and complete work.
Additional information about the role:
Statement of requirement:
- The current requirement for Commissioning Services results from the need for immediate assistance with duties defined in this scope of work. It is anticipated that one (1) Commissioning Specialist (CxG) will be necessary to satisfactory meet the requirements of this task order.
- Services will be for the construction phase on all construction contracts related to the Next National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency West Program. All work is considered to be non-personal services and will have an 18-month base duration and a 12-month option. The services must be provided on-site within the Government’s Integrated Program Office (IPO) trailers.
- CxG support services shall be required for 72 hours biweekly (anticipate 5 days week 1 for 8 hours per day & 4 days week 2 for 8 hours per day) during the initial 12 months. The following 6 months will be part-time effort anticipated to be performed from the home office with situational site visits, averaging 16 hours per week. The O&M option year will be a part-time effort anticipated to be performed from the home office with situational site visits, averaging 16 hours per week. The total performance period for this task order base will be 18 months, with a 12-month option for part-time operations and maintenance(O&M) phase support. The base 18-month and Option 12-month may overlap. The construction work generally occurs between 6:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Greater than 40 hours per week may be required, but the Government will attempt to provide at least 7 days’ notice of need. If a clearance is required by the facility an escort can be provided by the Government.
- The CxG must possess significant professional experience (7+ years) in the design and construction phases of large or complex facilities.
- Work that is to be accomplished consists of miscellaneous commissioning quality assurance tasks that are further specified in paragraph 6 of this task order, but generally consists of performing submittal and RFI reviews, actively participating in various coordination meetings, conducting on-site Quality Assurance (QA) inspections, and providing testing analysis in support of a performance-based Design Build (DB) contract during the construction phase for the Next NGA West (N2W) program.
- The CxG will perform services integrated with the onsite USACE construction office team.
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.