Job Title: Systems Engineer 4
Location: Everett, Washington
Onsite Requirement: Onsite
Duration: 6 months
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
What the day to day looks like
- Onsite in Everett, WA Monday – Thursday. Most Fridays permit virtual work.
- Start time flexible between 630-830am dependent on daily meetings
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 9+ years of experience performing system safety analysis and/or studies
- Experience conducting Airplane Level Safety Analysis
- Working knowledge of ARP4754 and ARP4761
- 14+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 9+ years of experience with commercial airplane certification, safety requirements and procedures
- 9+ years of working knowledge of Hazard Analyses, FMEA's, Airplane Level Threats (Particular Risk Analyses) and Fault Trees and/or System Safety Assessments (SSAs)
- Experience with FAR Part 25.1309, and industry practices like ARP 4761 & 4754
- 9+ years of experience developing/applying aviation related system safety analysis methods such as System Safety Risk Assessments, Fault-tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) and Safety Assessment Report (SAR)
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial Airplane-Systems design or analysis (e.g. Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Avionics, Fuels, etc.) or Systems Integration
- Pilots license
With over 25 years of industry experience, SSi People has built its reputation and expertise on putting people first. Everything we do works toward delivering an exceptional experience for our consultants, our clients, and our internal team. Through a genuine commitment to people in everything we do. We have developed refined processes and a stellar internal team to deliver talent quickly. More importantly, we focus on building long-term relationships, not transactions. Putting people first is just what we do well.