SPOTLIGHT ON IT PROJECT MANAGER JOBS
The main function of an IT project manager is to plan, organize and implement a company or client’s technical projects. They oversee all aspects of any project in a company’s IT department.
- Assist with IT diligence efforts for acquisition targets.
- Manage IT integration projects for new and existing acquisitions, to include procurement for on-premises IT systems, practice management/EHR systems, email/communications, ISPs and telephony.
- Sets and tracks project milestones in partnership with acquisition resources; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Training and onboarding for IT systems during integration projects.
- Manage design, procurement and implementation for all IT aspects of new practice deployments.
- Communicate/coordinate project deadlines and milestones with participants and stakeholders.
- Audit, design, and document solutions for business continuity, disaster recovery and security best practices.
- Management of hardware procurement and inventory.
- Occasional IT support assistance and triage.
Degrees/ Certifications /Years of Overall Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years in a technical role (preference given to those with project management experience).
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Experience managing Microsoft 365 tenants, to include Exchange, Azure AD, SharePoint, Teams and security policies.
- Thorough understanding of IT network design, hardware components and protocols.
- Proficient with VoIP systems and call flow design.
- Customer service experience, including Helpdesk troubleshooting or IT engineering support tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Server architecture, Active Directory and relevant protocols.
- Experience with Disaster recovery design and policy creation.
- Working knowledge of change management principles.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Ability to stay on-time and on-budget, and to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects.
- Coordinate efforts and timelines between project engineers, vendors, end users and IT leadership.
- Build trusting relationships with acquired practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Exceptional time management, facilitation and organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree