SPOTLIGHT ON JAVA DEVELOPER JOBS
The main function of a java developer is to program and develop computers. They specialize in the Java coding language. Their main duties include designing java applications and programs, testing Java software and applying fixes to any technical issues to various Java programs.
- Develop desktop applications by studying information needs, conferring with users, analyzing system flows, data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle.
- Utilize industry standard documentation practices to develop requirements, design solutions and create flow charts.
- Develop clear, concise and well commented code.
- Formulate system specifications and standards.
- Perform manual unit testing.
- Implement and run code-based unit tests.
- Articulate information clearly and communicate with project leadership in a professional manner.
- Help drive improvements in code quality, coding practices and tooling within a legacy
Degrees/ Certifications /Years of Overall Experience Required:
3-5 years of Java & Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Experience working within large code bases (100K+ lines) of moderate to high complexity.
- Using Git repositories, creating and merging branches.
- Experience with various testing approaches (black box testing, white box testing, boundary testing, etc.).
- Junit 5 for Java unit testing.
- Familiarity with Agile.
- Strong written and verbal communication, professionalism, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10, etc.).
- Java Swing, .NET C#, RESTful web services.
- SOAP web services of Dependency Injection (within Java or C#).
- MSTest for C# unit testing.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps.
- 3-5 years of Java & Oracle PL/SQL development experience.