Spotlight on Systems Architect Jobs
The main function of a systems architect is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. They analyze user needs, and then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
Degrees/ Certifications /Years of Overall Experience Required:
- 5-10 years experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field preferred
- Security Focused- CISSP Security Certification – nice to have but not required
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Would need to be familiar with modern infrastructure
- Windows, Linux, Cloud
- Analysis skills sets
- Application and control design
- ServiceNow and Archer – nice to have
- Access and privilege management
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one s time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 6-8 years experience required.