Engineer # JN -072021-67771
Posted on: July 29, 2021
Industry: Mechanical / Manufacture / Electrical Engineers
Job Number: JN -072021-67771
- Client’s Digital Integration and Predictive Technologies organization is a global process development function that develops and deploys state of the art advanced computational technologies in:
- Data capture, integration and management
- Empirical and first principlesmodeling towards improved process understanding and robustness, and,
- monitoring, prediction and optimization of manufacturing.
- We are pursuing a highly motivated, early career candidate with passion for application of mechanistic models, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and surrogate models to join our team.
- As a computational modeling Engineer, the successful candidate is expected to deploy and sustain rigorous mathematical models of process technologies with the goal to increase the efficiency of drug development and manufacturing processes.
- The successful candidate will use CFD as a core technique supplemented with models of transport phenomena, structural mechanics, and cell physiology to develop and apply first-principles and mechanistic models addressing a wide variety of challenging problems across many functions including synthetic chemical processes, bioprocesses (drug substance, drug product), and drug delivery device design.
- Responsibilities will include applying previously developed models, identifying opportunities for improvements in accuracy and performance, developing surrogate models, implementing models in commercial and proprietary software, and maintaining these models using enterprise modeling infrastructure.
- The role involves heavy collaboration with internal stakeholders, as well as documenting and communicating the underlying technical basis of the models for the benefit of and use by engineers and scientists responsible for delivering processes and devices to operations.
- Experience in mathematical and computational (in-silico) modeling is required, specifically computational fluid dynamics, and experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology process development is desired.
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Modeling of fluid mechanic processes and/or mechanical devices.
- Parametric feature-based CAD generation.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical processes, unit operations and drug delivery devices.
- Basic programming skills
- Good interdisciplinary project management skills.
- Ability to independently uncover and resolve issues associated with the implementation of scientific and engineering projects.
Apply Online Apply Later